Rite Aid and Edison Nation Medical have partnered to bring your bright health & wellness invention to life!
How It Works
Rite Aid and Edison Nation Medical will work together to evaluate every idea for health and wellness innovation, intellectual property (i.e., any existing patents or trademarks), sales and merchandising potential, competitive products, development costs, supplier availability, etc. The inventor will be notified via email if and when his or her invention progresses to the next stage of evaluation.
- STEP 1: SUBMIT
Share your invention idea through our confidential and secure online portal now through February 15, 2015. Get started by clicking the “Submit Your Idea” button below.
- STEP 2: EVALUATION
Our medical, intellectual property, and commercialization experts carefully evaluate every idea submitted to us through an 8-stage proprietary review process.
- STEP 3: SELECTION
We select the inventions we believe hold the strongest commercial potential and where Edison Nation Medical and Rite Aid can add the most value.
- STEP 4: DEVELOPMENT
If your idea progresses to this stage, we will provide and pay for 100% of the development work necessary to improve the likelihood of successful commercialization, including patent, design, and prototype work.
- STEP 5: COMMERCIALIZATION
After carefully reviewing the business potential of selected ideas, Rite Aid will work to commercialize all ideas likely to have a positive impact on customers and which hold strong financial promise for the organization. You will be kept apprised
- Ideas ranging from back-of-the-envelope sketches to fully patented and prototyped products are welcome.
- You will be kept apprised of the status of your idea through the entire process and will share in the financial rewards if your idea is selected.
- This is not a contest and there is no “winner.” Rather, Rite Aid is committed to commercializing every innovation that successfully passes through the evaluation process and has strong sales potential.
- Please refer to the Edison Nation Medical Inventor Agreement for full details.
To get your creativity flowing
Here are a few common health & wellness inventions that positively impact Rite Aid patients daily:
- Gel combined with orthopedic inserts revolutionized the foot care industry
- Attaching dental floss onto a small plastic pick made dental care easier for millions of people
- Adding a small amount of antibiotic ointment onto bandages prior to packaging combined two steps into one, which is always a welcomed innovation by customers.
SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH: March 31, 2015