Edison Nation Medical’s Commitment to Privacy
At Edison Nation Medical, we value our members and inventors and respect your privacy. We collect information about you for the sole purpose of providing you with communications regarding products, services, programs and information that we think you’ll find interesting or to enable you to view a personalized dashboard through which to track your idea submissions.
What kind of information does Edison Nation Medical collect?
We collect your email address when you subscribe to our newsletter and then ask for your first name, last name, a user name and password when you submit an invention idea through our portal. We may also request that you provide your zip code and indicate for us whether you are a patient, healthcare provider or healthcare administrator, but this information is entirely voluntary.
How does Edison Nation Medical use my information?
We may use your personal information in any of the following ways:
- To communicate with you by email about Edison Nation Medical innovation searches, services, promotions and general innovation news that we believe might be of interest to you.
- To create a profile for you within our system so that our Evaluation Team has the ability to track and review any invention ideas you submit and so that you can also track those submissions on your online dashboard.
- To better understand the backgrounds of members joining our community or inventors submitting ideas to our platform so that we can develop programs and offerings to better suit your needs.
- To email you regarding changes to our programs, events or services.
You always have the choice to not receive communications from us. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled, “How do I make choices about receiving communications?” below.
Does Edison Nation Medical share my information?
We value our relationship with you and, therefore, we do our best to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. As a general rule, we do not share your information with any other parties. The only two exceptions to this are:
- We may share information about you if necessary to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Edison Nation Medical.
- In the event of a sale or merger of Edison Nation Medical, our members’ personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets.
If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears below. If we change the policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you. You may exercise your choices about how we collect and use your information consistent with this policy at any time.
How do I access or change my information?
You can ask us to update your personal information by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 14 days for your email or postal mail request.
How do I make choices about receiving communications?
Edison Nation Medical wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information you can let us know at any time by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below.
Please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered. If you ask us to remove your name and address from communication lists, we will maintain your name in a “do not contact” file to ensure that we can honor your request. It may take up to 14 days to process your email or postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us. If you change your mind, you can always start receiving communications again by simply contacting us.
How does Edison Nation Medical protect kids’ privacy?
Edison Nation Medical is concerned about the privacy and safety of children. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 and we do not accept invention ideas from anyone under the age of 18. Our websites are general audience sites and are not targeted to or intended for use by children.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
Our members and inventors form the core of our business and, therefore, we do everything possible to protect the security and privacy of your personal information and intellectual property. Specifically, we have in place physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect your information and ideas.
What is “phishing”?
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, DO NOT RESPOND. We will never request personal information or credit card information through email.
What about links to other websites?
How do I contact you?
Edison Nation Medical
520 Elliot Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Attn: Inventor Services